by Mireille Najjar
Embrace the warm weather with classic French toast coated with cinnamon and topped with sliced peaches.
- 1 egg beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbs. margarine or butter melted
- 4 bread slices
- 1 8 oz. can peach halves or use 2 fresh peaches, sliced
- Combine the first four ingredients listed in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Place the slices of bread in a bowl and cover each slice completely with egg mixture.
- Place margarine in a skillet over low heat.
- Add bread to skillet.
- Cook until one side of the bread has browned. Turn over and cook the other side until browned.
- Top with peach slices when serving.
Mireille Najjar is a first-year NUTCOM student who absolutely loves this recipe (it’s one of her childhood favorites).