Combing two of her favorite flavors, Marianna Moore brings you a vegan, gluten free, and refined sugar free treat that is perfect for dessert or for snacking! Sweetened with dates and made with REAL ingredients that are good for the mind, body, and soul, this recipe is sure to win over the hearts and bellies of both kids and adults!
Chocolate hazelnut bliss balls
A chocolate, hazelnut, vegan, and gluten-free treat that's perfect for snacking!
- 1/2 cup gluten free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup of pitted medjool dates
- 1/3 cup hazelnut butter
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- To a high-speed blender or food processor, add oats, pumpkin seeds, cacao powder and salt. Pulse on high for 30 seconds, or until a dusty powder forms.
- Next add dates hazelnut butter and almond milk and pulse on high until a sticky ball of dough forms. You should be able to stick together mixture with your fingers.
- Form dough into 14 even sized balls and refrigerate for 15 minutes to set before eating.
- Store recipe in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Marianna Moore is a first-year student in the Nutrition Interventions, Communication, and Behavior Change Program at The Friedman School. When she’s not in school, Marianna spends her time working as a food blogger, recipe developer, and owner of mariannaspantry.com. In her free time, you can find her reading, doing yoga, tending to her plants, or exploring different cafes and healthy restaurants.